Before processing the next steps, please make sure you’re eligible to apply as an international student
(Please find eligibility check here)
NCCU offers two admission phases for international students each year, which consists of phase I and phase II.
Enrollment will start only in early September.
Application period: Late September - Mid November
Results announcement: Early January
Application period: Early February - Mid March
Results announcement: Mid May
Click here for international students admission
How to Apply
- Step 1: Fill the online application
- Step 2: Print out online application documents
- Step 3: Prepare materials required for the application and pay the application fees
- Step 4: Upload required documents and confirm submissions
1. A Statement of Purpose written in English no more than three A4 pages
2. Non-native English speakers including those graduated from English-taught programs must provide proofs of English proficiency test taken within three years of the application date (Only TOEFL, IELTS and TOEIC are accepted)
3. Two Letters of Recommendation
4. Applicants are encouraged to include their previous works or papers related to communication
For details regarding International Admission, please contact the Office of International Cooperation, or refer to the following websites:
Programs Available / Eligibility Check / Scholarships / VISA & ARC / Housing / Work & Internship / Insurance
NCCU International Admission
About NCCU / Campus Life / Enrollment Information / Tuition / Scholarships / Programs & Courses
Tuition and Financing
IMICS is a two year program which requires 32 credit hours for completion. The estimated total cost for international students to live in Taiwan and complete the program in 2 years is shown in the table below:
Tuition for IMICS program is NT$ 29,980 x 4 semesters = NT$ 119,920
IMICS requires 32 credit hours to complete the program, thus credit fee is NT$ 3,310 x 32 credit hours = NT$ 105,920
Accommodation expenses are estimated at NT$10,000 per month within the area around NCCU campus, over a 24-month stay. The amount may vary from NT$ 5,000 to NT$ 20,000 depending on choice of accommodation arrangement (dormitory stay, rented apartment, etc.)
Courses may require the use of textbooks or printing materials, field trips may also be included in courses.
Living expenses are estimated at NT$10,000 per month, over a 24-month stay. Just like accommodation costs, this may vary greatly depending on one’s lifestyle.
Insurance is calculated by NCCU group insurance.
The exchange rate applied is of June 2020.
For more details about fees for international students, please see the breakdown list below: