top of page


  • If I study in the US or UK for my undergraduate, do I still have to take the IELTS, TOEFL or TOEIC test?"
    Unless you’re native speaker otherwise, you still have to provide proof of English proficiency.
  • Can I apply for scholarships from NCCU/College of Communication?
    You can only apply once you are a current student who has already finished at least one semester at NCCU and once the funding is available.
  • Is a Taiwan Scholarship enough for living in Taiwan?
    Taiwan government’s scholarships are designed to cover both tuition and basic living expenses in Taiwan, thus it will meet most basic needs of scholarship students during the time studying in Taiwan in two year for Master degree (including summer and winter break).
  • Can I graduate earlier than 2 years?
    Yes, if you can manage to finish the course. Some IMICS students finished the course in 1.5 years but this will require a lot of hard work.
  • When will I be expected to pay tuition, credit fees and other fees?"
    The deadline for paying fees is usually in the beginning of each semester. You will receive notifications from NCCU regarding deadline and payment methods.
  • How many classes should I take in one semester?
    In order to graduate within 2 years, students are recommended to take 3-4 classes (9-12 credit hours) each semester depending on personal goals and interest.
  • How can I select courses each semester?
    You will receive a notification email from NCCU with instructions on selecting courses. Before the semester begins, there usually are 2 online course selection sessions (each lasts around 3 days) that you should not miss to secure your placement in class because some classes can be at very high demand and don’t have enough space for everyone. You can secure your course of interest in the first session, and in case you don’t want to change anything you can skip the second session. The first two week of each semester is very important as it allows you to attend the classes you have secured or intended to select (if there’s still enough space for you in the class that you haven’t secured) and make decisions to add or drop any class.
  • Can I select courses from other programs offered by other departments outside of IMICS curriculum?
    Yes, you can. It’s up to your interest that you can select English-taught or Mandarin-taught master's degree courses. Please remember that only a maximum of 12 credits will be allowed for courses outside of IMICS, including 6 credits of Mandarin-taught courses. *Chinese Language Center (CLC) course is not included
  • Can I work during my time studying in Taiwan?
    Basically, yes. If you are a student, you’re allowed to work maximum 20 hours per week during the semesters and without limitation on summer and winter breaks. If you’re a Taiwan Scholarship student, you can only intern or work in the exact field of your study. No matter if it’s volunteer, intern, part-time or full-time work, all students are requested to obtain a work permit. Please contact OIC for more information regarding working in Taiwan.
bottom of page